NY:LON Connect 2018, the global music business summit co-ventured by Music Biz and Music Ally, took place Tuesday, January 23 and Wednesday, January 24 at New York City's Dream Downtown Hotel. The sold-out event drew representatives from 15 different countries such the UK, India, Italy, the Netherlands, and more to have high-level discussions on the future of the global music industry. Between featured presentations from Spotify's CMO Seth Farbman & Kobalt's CEO Willard Ahdrtiz; a keynote discussion with UMG's Jonathan Dworkin & WMG's Tracy Gardner; deep-dives into Latin America & India; talks on copyright, artist services, smart speakers, startups, and so much more — the groundbreaking event had everyone talking.
Click below for media coverage from NY:LON and stay tuned for photos and a full recap to follow.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2018 SPONSORS!
The two-day program was headlined by a series of keynotes and panels featuring senior global business development executives from major and independent labels, music services, publishers, PROs, and other key players in the industry. The event featured presentations and panels around these seven key topics:
- The Adolescence of Streaming sponsored by CD Baby & AdRev
- Technology: Smart Speakers, AI, and Next Gen Music sponsored by 7digital
- Global Copyright & Rights Management sponsored by SOCAN
- International: Spotlight on Emerging Markets sponsored by Nielsen
- The Modern Music Company
- The Many Faces of Direct To Fan
- Innovation: Investing In Music & Startup Showcases
The full 2018 schedule is broken out below: